The Established Church erected a church building on Seafield Street opposite the Station Hotel.
On opening for public worship in 1816, the Auld Kirk was described as a ‘neat but plain edifice’ and had seating for 700. The stipend was paid by seat rents and an annual allowance from the Earl of Seafield.
In 1843, the unveiling of a new organ presented to the church by a member of the congregation, and played by Herr Hoffman, Banff, saw the church packed with people of all denominations.
In 1876, Mr Fleetwood Pellew Wilson donated a clock and musical bells to the town. Townsfolk held a successful bazaar and raised sufficient funds to erect a handsome tower addition to the church to house the clock. The tower was built on a commanding spot to the west side of the Parish Church, prominent for the display of the clock.
In the present day, Portsoy Church Centre serves the communities of Portsoy, Sandend and Fordyce and has a membership of over 250 people.